Wednesday, October 18, 2017 ..:: Local 24 Members Page ::..   Login




Check out the events schedule for the Union Participation Program through NERCC. Click the link and sign in with your Union# and the first initial of your first name and your last name. For example:
Password= jsmith

Don't forget to stay in touch with your local Union Hall to be kept up to date regarding UPP opportunities right in our own neighborhoods.

Resume Assistance
If you need help writing a resume please call Teresa in the Organizing Department in the Wallingford Office or go to your local Unemployment Office where you will find professional, personal, and free assistance writing your resume. Please Visit the Connecticut Department of Labor Website to find your local office. The Department of Labor also offers a wide variety of free classes and courses to help you brush up on your resume, interview, and computer skills along with other helpful classes.  Please feel free to send us your new resume along with any new/updated certificates so that we may update your Skill Set in the database.

Out of Work List
Members in good standing are eligible to be added to the Out of Work List. To get on the list  please visit or call either the New London (860-442-6655) or Yalesville (203-265-6242) offices. Once added, you may come in to either office or call to have your entry updated on the Out of Work List. Please do not call both offices in the same day as there is only one Out of Work List. Please have your U# on hand when calling.

2017 Monthly Member Meetings Schedule
All meetings begin at 6pm.

January 4th-- New London Hall
February 1st-- Yalesville Hall
March 1st-- New London Hall
April 5th-- Yalesville Hall  (Special Call)
May 3rd-- New London Hall
June 7th-- Yalesville Hall
July 5th-- New London Hall
August 2nd-- Yalesville Hall
September 7th-- New London Hall
October 4th-- Yalesville Hall
November 1st-- New London Hall
December 6th--Yalesville Hall


 Monthly dues are payable on the first day of each month (Sec. 45B) as follows:

$24.00 Apprentice / Journeyman
$15.80 Retired / Disabled (has not met criteria of Sec. 50A / 50B)
$6.00 Retired / Disabled (has met criteria of Sec. 50A / 50B)

Once a Member has 50 years of service in the Union they become "honorary" and are no longer responsible for paying any dues.

Options for Paying Dues

Please put your U# on All Checks and Money Orders.  Cash is not accepted. Thank you.

At the Halls:

The New London Hall is open Monday-Friday 8am to 2pm. The Yalesville Hall is open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm to take dues payments at the window. Please bring your card and book with you. 

Send your Union Card and Book along with your check/money order made payable to: CT Carpenters Local 24

And mail to:
500 Main St
Yalesville CT 06492-1722

OR mail to:
597 Broad Street
New London, CT 06320

Payments will be posted as soon as they are received with cards & books sent back the same day.

Drop Boxes:

If you are unable to come during normal window hours, there are boxes at both the Yalesville and New London Offices. These boxes are checked every business morning. Payments made in this manner will be posted on the next business day. Books/cards will be returned to the address on the back of your book, to ensure timely delivery, please be sure this address is current.

Credit/Debit Cards:
Are being taken in the Yalesville Office ONLY. You may pay in-person or over the phone.  Please contact them directly if you'd like more information. 800-924-6242 or 203-265-6242

Online Through Your Bank:

You can set us up for automatic or individual payment through your bank just as you would do with any bill you may already pay this way. Follow the instructions on your bank's website and please use your U# as your account#.

Did You Know.... Your monthly Union dues may be a tax deduction; please call the Fund Office (800) 922-6026 x620 for more information or consult with your personal tax professional.


All Classes are Two Day Classes and run from 5:00pm to 10:00pm

August 30th and 31st
September 27th and 28th
October 25th and 26th

To keep up with the full class schedule and to register for classes please go to
Click on the  “classes” tab
Register with your UBC and Date of Birth in the top right hand corner of the page
Pick what class/classes you would like to take and what location

Other OSHA related classes are available  through the Department of Labor. Please see their Calendar of Events for detailed information.


Connecticut State Law requires that everyone on a prevailing rate construction project must have completed a minimum of 10 hours of safety training within the past 5 years. Proof of training (IE: OSHA card) must be provided and the completion date of the training can be no more than 5 years earlier. Those who have completed an OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training class more than 5 years ago must take an OSHA 10 class to satisfy the Connecticut 5-year requirement. Example: OSHA Card (10 or 30) issued 01/01/2009 expires 01/01/2014 in Connecticut; another full 10-hour OSHA Safety Training class is required. Many contractors, construction managers, owners, etc. are adapting the Connecticut 10-hour Safety Training requirement with the 5-year expiration rule as part of their safety policies, even on non-prevailing rate projects. If you are not yet certified or your OSHA 10 or 30 card is older than 5 years you must take this course.

Additional information:
This 5-year rule is unique to Connecticut only The US Department of Labor OSHA does not have expiration dates. There is no OSHA refresher - participants must attend the entire 10 hour class.

Helpful Forms

All forms below are in .pdf format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Stewards Report
Weekly Site Report   
30-C Workers Compensation
form with instructions. After downloading this form please go to the State of Connecticut Workers Compensation Website for more information.

Connecticut Carpenters Benefit Fund Office Forms

Health Forms

Enrollment Form

Benefit Claim Form

Disability Claim Form

Release Protected Health Information

Pension Forms

Reciprocal Form
Transfer your funds back to CT
when working outside of Connecticut.

Annuity Forms

Withdrawal Options

Hardship Withdrawal

There are many more forms available online at the Connecticut Carpenters Benefits Fund Website. The main link in each heading above will take you directly to the Heath, Benefits, main pages on their site. You may also use their site to check on your personal accounts. Just Click Here to log-in to their site.

Instructions for Log-In to the Benefits Site: Your Member ID is your Union number, but the U is a 9 do not use any spaces or dashes (Example: If your Union ID is U-1234-5678, your Member ID is 912345678). If you have not logged in before, your Password is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. After successful sign-in their site will prompt you to change your password. If you forget your Password, please contact the Fund Office at (203) 281-5511


Once you have obtained a Connecticut Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) Welding Certification - it is up to you to maintain it. This means you must call Tom Lynch or Dan Furlani at the CT Department of Transportation Division of Materials Testing (860) 258-0329 every six (6) months, whether you are welding or not, to maintain the D.O.T. welding card. The CT D.O.T. Welding Certification is good for two (2) years after the date of issue. At the two-year expiration date, the card gets mailed to the Department of Transportation to be re-issued. Re-issue of the card is at the discretion of the State Inspector. The card is the property of the CT D.O.T. If you are welding on multiple jobs between the six (6) month intervals, you must call each time you change contractors. Failure to do this may jeopardize your certification. The D.O.T. has these rules in order to track welders that hold this certification. They also have the right to revoke the welder's card at any time. The test at MISTRAS/ITI cost the Union $300.00. The Union will pay for the initial test after completing the journeyman upgrade class. If you fail to follow these rules and allow this certification to lapse or run out, you will be responsible to pay for the retest. Mailing address:
CT Department of Transportation Division of Materials Testing
280 West Street
Rocky Hill CT 06077
Attn: Thomas Lynch
Phone: (860) 258-0329

Copyright 2017 Connecticut Carpenters Local 24 All Rights Reserved.  If you have any questions about this website please contact the person in charge of the site.
Copyright 2017 Connecticut Carpenters Local 24   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement
basketball jersey australia cheap makeup cheap nfl jerseys cheap oakley sunglasses longchamp outlet uk